1806 - Our Congregation forms

Following the Revolutionary War the area near Hemlock Lake was known as Pittstown. In 1806, seventeen people began meeting to organize the first church in Pittstown. This church would be called the Second Congregational Church of Pittstown.

1813 - We became Presbyterian

We changed to the First Presbyterian Church of Livonia. The church green was donated to be used for the church and for general military training. The first church building was constructed for just over $3,000.

1832 - A fire destroys the church

On December 19, 1832 the church was completely destroyed by fire.

1834 - A new church was dedicated

Our current church building was built in 1834 and dedicated on February 13, 1834, free of debt.

1906 - 100th Anniversary

1992 - The steeple was repaired and painted

1999 - Fellowship Hall addition was completed

2006 - 200th Anniversary

2011 - We have a new (full) basement and sill plates

2018 - Fellowship Hall roof replaced; Steeple painted; Front steps replaced

2021 - The Church gets new siding and gutters